Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Attack of the Flies

Friday, June 4th

I was attacked by flies... I literally thought I was going to get eaten to death.

Night:
Today was so humbling. Our room woke up late... totally my fault. We woke up to the voice of a Ugandan man pounding on our door. My heart stopped.... It was Jesse. Ugh. We then walked to Pastor Steven's house and hung out. This team blows my mind. I love every single on of them. Each person brings their own spice to the group. We could not have a more focused, or united team.
We went to Entebbe and split into two groups. One group went to a high school and spoke. My group went to a visit a hospital. It was such a somber place. We prayed with patients and spoke to them through a translator. There were so many beautiful people! One of the patients just had a baby that had been diagnosed with malaria. They hadn't named him, so they asked for suggestions. Tyler, Jacob, and Josiah were the suggestions(I suggested Josiah) and they picked Josiah!!! I named a baby! :D

We had lunch at a really good restaurant, where I broke their toilet with the help of Hannah... Oops. After we went to the crusades. The crusade tonight was mind-blowing. My life has been changed and I have only been here for 2 days. I know this field is where I am called. I have so much to learn, but I have plenty of time. There were women that were demon possessed, and the pastors on stage were casting them out. I was not prepared for this. But it is a opportunity for growth. This is the most real thing I have ever experienced. I am spiritually exhausted, but God is working on our hearts.

We got back to the hotel and talked as a group, ate food and goofed off, I love my roommates. We are inside and talk about farts all the time. I like it.

GOODNIGHT!

Quotes of the day:
"I don't say the F word, I say 'fluff."-Sunnee
"Well, fluff you!"-Hannah

"I'm picking my nose, just so you know"-Hannah

"You really gonna fluffing say that to me? Cause I'll fluff you up." -Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment